PDA

View Full Version : Files and MS Windows

Computer Conquest
12-14-2012, 05:49 AM
Hi,

As a marketing man for a small UK software company I want to gather data about how people use MS Windows.

Specifically relating to files and finding your files.

Take a second to complete my poll.

If you are the type of person that falls under numbers 1,3,5,6,7: I want to know details what you do for a living!

Ben

nealrm
12-14-2012, 04:00 PM
Ben,
I have a hard time figuring out your poll. It appears the answer is either 'Yes', 'I'm looking for search tools' or 'It's important I find files'. How about those of that don't have a problem losing files.

MyITGuy
12-14-2012, 04:08 PM
Ben,
I have a hard time figuring out your poll. It appears the answer is either 'Yes', 'I'm looking for search tools' or 'It's important I find files'. How about those of that don't have a problem losing files.

Ditto! I have no problems finding files...it all comes down to organization...

Computer Conquest
12-17-2012, 10:43 AM
Nealrm:
- It was a poll to see how many people often face the frustrating situation at work or home when they spend time trying to find their own files.
If you don't lose your files I want to know how you did it! Are you well organised, is Windows search enough for you, do you not have a need to search/find files much?

MyITGuy:
It does come down to organisation! However, some people are naturally better organised than most. Do you stay organised with a solid folder structure or using organisation software?

Freelancier
12-17-2012, 10:51 AM
I'm well-organized and rarely/never lose files either. I just set up a structured directory where I'll find files based on customer or activity.

And you won't find out whether a particular service is needed if you don't account for "no" votes.

Computer Conquest
12-17-2012, 10:55 AM
Good point. I will create another i think!

Computer Conquest
12-17-2012, 10:57 AM
Can I delete this thread and start again? or just start another poll?

MyITGuy
12-17-2012, 11:00 AM
MyITGuy:
It does come down to organisation! However, some people are naturally better organised than most. Do you stay organised with a solid folder structure or using organisation software?

Solid Folder Structure.

nealrm
12-17-2012, 11:19 AM
I think you are trying to do to much with the poll above. Unfortunately, the polling feature on the forum is limited. It may require several polls to get what you need. For this questions, I would have gone with options like: Rarely/never, once per month, once per week, once a day. Then have another poll with a question related to the programs used to find the files.