PDA

View Full Version : What's Now the most popular products / services in United States?

Szymon
12-16-2012, 06:02 PM
Hi guys,

I'm from Europe and i'm looking for good ideas to open new business in my country. Actually i have just one simple questions:

What's Now the most popular products / services in USA? i mean the new things for American. What is on the top/ trendy now what i could take and try in my country?

PS. My English isn't perfect but i hope You've understood ;)

vangogh
12-17-2012, 02:15 PM
Welcome to the forum Szymon. I'm not sure anyone can really tell you what the most popular products or services are here in the US. There isn't any one or two things that are sweeping the nation that everyone has to have. If anything I would think it's pretty much the same stuff people in Europe are looking for.

Sorry I can't think of anything. Maybe someone else will have some ideas.

Harold Mansfield
12-17-2012, 02:50 PM
I can't think of one thing that I would say is the most popular product. Add to that, that we loose interest and move on to new things frequently. When it comes to consumerism, I don't think the U.S. is any different than most other nations. Actually, when it comes to electroinics, we tend to get things later than some European nations and Japan.

I don't think there is one thing that you can put your finger on.

Szymon
12-17-2012, 06:27 PM
Hmm i was 3 years ago in the USA and I may say that it's diffrent world in compare to my part of Europe and that's why I'm sure that some products/ services are faster in Europe, and a lot of other things are faster in USA, thats why i'm asking You about this.
May be i should change my questions and ask: What's Now(or last a few months) new products/ services/ popular bussiness in America?
Maybe it's too generally but What Do You like as American people?

simple Example: Have you ever heard about Monavie products? In my country Now that's getting really popular, even though the Monavie's started seven years ago in USA.

I hope You know what i mean ;)

Harold Mansfield
12-17-2012, 06:40 PM
America is a big place with over 300 million people spread out among 50 states with varying cultures and economies. There is no one "big thing". Overall, technology is big everywhere. But if you are asking what new trend is a business opportunity, that list has 10,000 things on it and changes at will.

For instance, 3 years ago would have said netbooks were the future of computing. Today I use my old netbook as a stand to prop up my router.

billbenson
12-17-2012, 07:05 PM
Search for the most popular searches on Google in the US?

Steve B
12-19-2012, 04:54 PM
Food is always popular :)

Wozcreative
12-19-2012, 05:58 PM
Air. We should be bottling air just like we are water. Air is the most popular.

dereksbicycles
12-20-2012, 10:32 AM
Cars with turbocharged engine are popular in many areas that aren't hit with snow. Maybe move to a warm weather state(s) and invest in performance boost stuffs.

vangogh
12-20-2012, 03:52 PM
I think the question might be too general and it's hard to answer. Like Harold said there are 300 million people here with different interests. There isn't going to be any one or even a few most popular things. I'm sure there are trendy products in lots of industries here, but I've never been one to pay attention to trends all that much so I couldn't tell you what any of them might be.

Bill's suggestion is probably a good bet. Try searching Google Trends (http://www.google.com/trends/) to see what people are searching for. It won't specifically tell you what's popular right now, but you can search for different things and get a feel for what's more popular. You can narrow the results by country too I think. Maybe if you start with some general terms and keep refining whichever search is more popular you can start to zero in on some products.

Broman
12-20-2012, 06:51 PM
I get what your saying, sometimes American stuff can be exported and be successful over there. In the last few years I can say that Got Junk, Moving Pods, Halloween Stores, Pumpkin Patches have all been growing a lot. Apps are a big thing right now, and I am thinking that 3D printing locally will take off soon. What's needed is for it to be cheap, and to have a "menu" of a bunch of stuff people can print out. It would also help if they could order online and pick it up when they get to the store. Perhaps even a 3D printing vending machine like they do with movie rentals????

Another thing I hear is trending is Food-mobiles often referred to as "roach coaches", but unlike years past it isn't just mexican food, it's food from around the world, cupcakes, and other deserts. The advantages are that you don't have to rent or buy costly real estate and you go to where your customers are. It's easily franchised, but also easy to rip off.