PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a good free erp/crm software

buildmywebllc
12-19-2012, 02:48 PM
Can anyone recommend a good free erp/crm software? I have a web development business and need to keep a comprehensive client list and accounting ledger. I also want to create invoices from it as well as keep track of work done for each client.
Thanks

nealrm
12-19-2012, 03:07 PM
Your not looking for an ERP system, just accounting software and a customer address book. A quick Google search on either will give you a list for either. As for free accounting software, it will be worth what you paid for it.

buildmywebllc
12-19-2012, 03:29 PM
Your not looking for an ERP system, just accounting software and a customer address book. A quick Google search on either will give you a list for either. As for free accounting software, it will be worth what you paid for it.

I also want to keep track of timesheets for each client as well as contract management and a few other things. I don't believe a simple accounting software is enough.

nealrm
12-19-2012, 06:18 PM
An accounting system like Quickbooks would work. Many small businesses use it for exactly what you are asking. An ERP system is much, much more than that. An ERP system monitors every aspect of a business: inventory, manufacturing, production control, shipping, inventory locations, labor hours, hours per product, HR.......... So unless you are a multi-million dollar company an ERP system is over-kill.

MyITGuy
12-19-2012, 07:53 PM
SugarCRM and SalesForce come to mind. While SugarCRM does have a community edition that is free, it doesn't include Contract Management.

buildmywebllc
12-20-2012, 09:29 AM
SugarCRM and SalesForce come to mind. While SugarCRM does have a community edition that is free, it doesn't include Contract Management.

Thanks. I will check out the free edition on SugarCRM.

kerrylinux
12-20-2012, 11:08 AM
Thanks. I will check out the free edition on SugarCRM.

You may have a look at VTIGER CRM as it is based on the SugarCRM code but offers quotations, invoices and product management.
The invoices don't look like your own design, so a little tweaking is necessary to adapt the pdf output.

Unfortunately it does not provide accounting, which is the major drawback. You may use GnuCash for that.

PayAus
12-21-2012, 07:48 AM
If you are really keen on the free thing, then check out capsule CRM and wave accounting. I have looked for a similar thing a lot. Vtiger is quite nice, but i found you could easily get carried away and waste a lot of time. Wave will do your invoices and quotes and is completed free. Capsule is a very nice CRM that is free for your first 200 contacts, and can do some really powerful stuff workflows. If you want project billing in the one system then maybe look at Freeagent, but personally i have found a few little things hold it back and it is $20 a month. The ultimate is xero accounting combined with workflow manager, a beautiful fully integrated solution, but will see you back around $80 a month.

Owen
01-15-2019, 02:03 PM
I use Hubspot and I love it.

davidlee21
01-16-2019, 04:52 AM
There are many CRM software out there such as HubSpot, Salesforce, freshsales, pipedrive and many more. According to me hubspot and pipedrive are the best. I have used these two never had any problems with them.

davidlee21
01-17-2019, 05:40 AM
Use Hubsspot CRM thats the best.

paymenthuddle
01-09-2020, 10:15 AM
We use WAVE - seems user friendly - we are agents for payment processing companies and we need to tag customers, vendors, and be able to pay out referral partners and for what we need to do WAVE is the best.

TextMarketing
03-29-2020, 09:49 AM
I recommend Google Docs