PDA

View Full Version : Intuit online payroll processing - opinions?

rshughes
02-01-2013, 04:49 PM
Does anyone have experience with, or opinions on, Intuit's online payroll processing service?

Our company is small, down to only 6 employees this year, and we pay weekly. We've been using a traditional payroll processing service (Paychex here in Calif.) but we've been looking for ways to reduce costs. Paychex has been charging an average of $55 per week :mad:, which is close to what we'd pay Intuit in one month. There are other fees for quarter-end processing, year-end document preparation, and delivery of physical checks.

Are there any downsides to going online, or "gotchas" that Intuit doesn't mention? Are there other competing online products that we should consider?

David

nealrm
02-01-2013, 05:50 PM
I have been using Intuit for about a year. I use the direct deposit with online pay stubs. I don't print out anything. I has work get so far.

MyITGuy
02-01-2013, 06:25 PM
I've been using Intuit online payroll for 2+ years so far with no issues. I pay just over $25/month which covers up to 10 employees/contractors in 1 state...but it looks like they recently updated their plans to reduce pricing...but end up charging for each employee now. I've never paid any other fees for this service (Unless you need to order paper to print checks/W-2's and etc on).

The only 'gotcha' I recall is that you can't do direct deposit until you complete you provide/confirm your banking info and electronic submission to the state/federal governments for tax purposes...so you may need to print/write your first/second weeks payroll.

If you're a member of a Sams/Costco/BJ's or etc...check into any partnerships they have. I ended up getting a Costco Membership just so I could get 3 months free and $15/mo off my monthly rate.

Freelancier
02-02-2013, 04:17 PM
We've been using them for something like 4 years now, first got with them when they were PayCycle. Used to be excellent customer service, now it's just good customer service, just because I think they've sent them overseas. Only additional fees -- unlike Paychex, which I had before PayCycle -- is for 1099s, everything else is included in the one monthly price. Easy to use. I don't have to call anyone to do payroll, it's all online and easy and tax payments and form filings are simple.