PDA

View Full Version : Hello world!(of small business owners)

Alex1
02-18-2013, 05:57 PM
Hello everyone. Im Alex.

Im currently starting up a custom web design business, so im exploring the small business world, and this seems like a very friendly place to start.

I enjoy traveling(even though I don't have enough time for that lately), meeting new people, competing, and video games.

On, a side note I wouldn't mind a critique on my website, as its been only a few days since It went online.

Pack-Secure
02-18-2013, 11:57 PM
Hello and Welcome.

IADS
02-19-2013, 08:14 PM
Another hello and welcome from another new guy. Hope to see you around.

ozetel
02-19-2013, 11:13 PM
Hi Alex

Welcome to the forum.

mark2media
02-20-2013, 08:26 PM
Hi Alex,
Welcome to the forum. I looked at the website. It looks pretty good. There are some pretty cool elements. The only suggestion I would have is if you plan on driving traffic to your website, visitors are very fickle. If you don't give them the who, what, where within the top fold and the visitor cannot determine those three things in about 4 seconds, you've probably lost the visitor.

Hope this helps.

Alex1
02-21-2013, 09:46 AM
Hi Alex,
Welcome to the forum. I looked at the website. It looks pretty good. There are some pretty cool elements. The only suggestion I would have is if you plan on driving traffic to your website, visitors are very fickle. If you don't give them the who, what, where within the top fold and the visitor cannot determine those three things in about 4 seconds, you've probably lost the visitor.

Hope this helps.

Thank you, that's some good feedback. I was thinking on adding a small info box on top of the screen for that specific reason, and possibly some more information in the journal thingy.

Gabe
02-25-2013, 07:32 AM
Hey Alex, welcome to the forums.