PDA

View Full Version : Internal Business Management Software?

drewbie68
02-20-2013, 10:21 PM
Hello everyone.. I"m new to the forum and I'll be glad to assist where I can but I'm looking for some help first.

I'm an owner of a donut shop/cafe. Not your typical donut shop. It's more of a cafe where students and workers come in and study and work. It's a great environment for all ages and we do quite well.

The issue I'm having is inventory control and basically where my costs are coming in and going out and trying to figure out where I need to cut expenses. I'm not sure if there's a software out there that runs such a thing? I have my bookkeeper run Quickbooks and I do get my P&L but I need more control of what i have, what i need and where i need to cut. Just controlling everything I have in here.

Is there such a software that can help me run this with something more stabilized? Google spreadsheet was an option but that's all manually built if I do...

Can someone suggest something for me?

Much appreciated and eagerly waiting for some suggestions!

Thanks,
Drew

vangogh
02-20-2013, 11:41 PM
Welcome to the forum Drew.

I don't know specific software that might work for you, but I did a quick search for 'inventory management software food' and there a lot of results. Some look like they serve wholesale businesses more, but I did find IPro Restaurant Inventory Control Software (http://www.rrgconsulting.com/page/RRG/PROD/SFTW-IP). Even though the word restaurant is in the name they list bakeries and coffee shops among the type of food service businesses that use the software. It's $239 so it's not an impulse buy. It's Windows based software too. Probably worth a look. They seem to have plenty of information on the site.

If that doesn't work try the search I tried. I only clicked on the first few links, but there are a lot more results.

Another option might be generic database software. You'd have to set up everything you want to track, but it would be a more flexible and a custom option you could tailor to your needs. The software will possibly cost about the same though.

Harold Mansfield
02-21-2013, 09:26 AM
I worked in Restaurants and Bars for some years and we mostly used Micros. That may be too much for your shop, and it's not what I see Coffee and other quick service establishments using. (cause I always try and peek at what people are using) But it's worth a look.

Dell is also heavy into retail, and restaurant point of sale, inventory and management solutions. They use a software called Restaurant Pro Express that has a version for Quick Service establishments and I think this is what I've been seeing in local establishments.
Here's the link to Dell POS
Restaurant Point of Sale Solutions with pcAmerica's Restaurant Pro Express Software (http://www.dell.com/content/topics/topic.aspx/us/segments/bsd/point-of-sale-restaurant-pro?c=us&l=en&cs=04)

Restaurant Pro Express has demo videos here:
pcAmerica Demo (http://download2.pcamerica.com/online_demo/index.html)

drewbie68
02-26-2013, 02:11 PM
thanks guys! i'll look into these right now!

vangogh
03-01-2013, 01:17 AM
Let us know what you find out. I'm sure others will be interested to learn more and be curious about what you choose.