PDA

View Full Version : Adjusting Vehicle Expenses to Mileage Deduction

pipk101
04-09-2013, 12:52 PM
A first year, SP of a business has been using business bank accounts and credit cards to pay for proper "personal vehicle" expenses related to business. These expenses have been recorded in the books under the same account as "business vehicle" expenses (Titled Auto Expense). After the 1st Qtr. The client now wishes to expense standard mileage deduction in a new account instead, (Employee Mileage Reimbursement) as if it were reimbursement to an employee. What do you suggest is the best method for adjusting "Auto Expense" without deleting reconciled bank transactions, as to not double dip on auto expenses?

vangogh
04-11-2013, 12:27 AM
Welcome to the forum pipk101. Let me say up front that I really don't know since this isn't my area of expertise, but I wanted to reply to get your thread active again in the hopes that someone who can answer will see it.

Is it possible to leave things as they are for the first quarter and just start keeping track of things the new way starting with Q2? Or does that lead to more complications later?

I'd like to help more, but I don't think I could offer anything constructive. Hopefully I've at least help the thread gain the attention of someone who can offer something constructive.