PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone import items to sell?

on_my_own
04-15-2013, 09:42 AM
I am just selling random things and flipping some stuff on ebay for a feel of this business and I would really like to get more and more involved in selling on ebay and eventually have a website. There are so many suppliers ( mostly from China) out there and I was just wondering if anyone imports things regularly and resell for profit.

JaydenSamuelson
04-19-2013, 01:41 AM
Yes there are many reseller programs in which the seller orders quality and cheap products from other countries and then ship it back to the buyer's correct address. This is the nice option in which you can save a lot of money and earn profit. I think this is the best option which every seller should try.

thewebwriter
04-19-2013, 09:32 AM
If you are buying from an overseas supplier you may need import licenses etc. Also you may need to buy in quantity. The down side is that if it doesn't sell, you're stuck with it.

The alternative is dropshipping. With dropshipping, you buy into a program that gives you access to several distributor warehouses. You advertise and sell the product, the buyer pays you, you pay the distributor, the distributor ships directly to the buyer. The item is invoiced as coming directly from you. Many dropshipping programs will also provide websites and all you need to do is populate the catalog and put your name on it.

Dropshipping can be very profitable if you are willing to stick with it.

Zap Labeler
04-19-2013, 10:51 AM
I do currently. That being said I think the key is finding a very specific niche that you can target. eBay has been blanketed with so much garbage that's been brought in to quickflip, I think you'll find it difficult to make much.

Dave