PDA

View Full Version : Recommendations for HR software?

mickster21
05-03-2013, 05:25 AM
Hi everyone

Wondering if anybody has recommendations for a website or software package to handle employee leave?

We are a small 10 person company and it has been a headache managing leave using Excel spreadsheets. I'm looking for something where staff can apply for leave, check their leave balance, see who is on leave on any day, etc.

Thanks!

Michael

robinmark
05-03-2013, 05:33 AM
Hello there, in my opinion you can try with iPhone, Android application. You can hire a company for making these apps for managing your employees leaves. This is the best idea for managing any thing which you want and its easy to use.

Freelancier
05-03-2013, 10:04 AM
You might be thinking about it backward. Instead of looking for software to track "leaves", look for software to track schedules (basically when people are there, because they often include a way to track when people are gone).

You won't like what you find in the larger software space, though, because it's too expensive. The companies that do HR software want to look for big companies, because smaller ones don't have money and everyone wants something custom.

For 10 people, I actually think this is something that should be done in Excel or Access and not waste a lot of money on it.

MyITGuy
05-03-2013, 10:14 AM
Hi everyone

Wondering if anybody has recommendations for a website or software package to handle employee leave?

We are a small 10 person company and it has been a headache managing leave using Excel spreadsheets. I'm looking for something where staff can apply for leave, check their leave balance, see who is on leave on any day, etc.

Thanks!

Michael

There are many different ways that this can be accomplished and would vary depending on your budget.

Have you checked with the vendor you use for time tracking or Payroll? They may have this feature set already included or available as an add-on.

Something basic like a Google Calendar or Exchange shared calendar can be used for management of the requests.

If you want something a bit more involved you can look at OpenERP (https://www.openerp.com/en/pricing) or similar applications where you pay $39/mo per user or if you have the web/database space you can install it for free on your own server. Here's a link to their demo: https://demo2.openerp.com/#view_type=calendar&model=hr.holidays&menu_id=354&action=421

The plus to using an application like OpenERP is they have a bunch of different apps/modules (OpenERP Apps (http://v6apps.openerp.com/)) you can install to fit your specific business.

tomaraOSB
05-15-2013, 02:10 PM
for only 10 employees, I would use a google spreadsheet--shared on Google Drive. You should be able to quickly look at it to see who has what available.

Are you only logging absences on your current spreadsheet or are you allowing employees to log their own? Are you just wanting to track absences... or are you wanting to track attendance?

I hate to sound cheap, but I utilize every google resource I can get. There's a lot of "apps" or extensions that might be available to put a system in place. You might also search around the open source space (like github or sourceforge) or just search google adding "open source" to your search terms.

Jmcrist
06-21-2013, 11:48 PM
Hi, did you find a solution to this problem?

johngkm
07-01-2013, 08:30 AM
Leavemaster is an excellent online leave management tool. check it out. You can find it in their website.

samie
07-03-2013, 07:55 PM
adp.ca provides this and any other HR service I can think of. However, I'm not sure of the pricing though. But it would be worth giving them a call. A lot of employers here in Canada use ADP.

EDIT: Also if you had a programmer in your organization I'm sure they could easily create a system like this for you too. Even one where you could import your excel spreadsheets daily, or you could just login etc.