PDA

View Full Version : Invoicing with a twist?

search66
05-21-2013, 06:41 PM
Sorry for my first post being a question, but I've been trying to find an invoicing program that will work for us. Basically, all I want to do is send an invoice to a customer, and have the ability to change the status of the order.

For example... Invoice Sent, Invoice Paid, Order Processing, Order Shipped

Seems easy enough; but I've tried dozens of software to no avail. How does everyone else track their orders/invoices from one piece of software?

Appreciate your time. Best of luck!

MyITGuy
05-21-2013, 07:17 PM
What type of business are you in? I ask as there may be something targeted specifically for you.

Fulcrum
05-21-2013, 07:30 PM
Try using a program called Accountedge. It's the newest version of the MYOB software and does more than most affordable accounting programs that I have found.

It gives invoice creation, payment, quotes, orders, jobs, expenses, and inventory management.

search66
05-21-2013, 09:35 PM
What type of business are you in? I ask as there may be something targeted specifically for you.

I sell flavoring for electronic cigarettes to brick and mortar stores. They place their order and I send them an invoice. I'd love to find a piece of software that would let me send an invoice with and update it until shipment and confirmation.

Harold Mansfield
05-22-2013, 01:54 AM
I sell flavoring for electronic cigarettes to brick and mortar stores. They place their order and I send them an invoice. I'd love to find a piece of software that would let me send an invoice with and update it until shipment and confirmation.

There's a quick books for manufacturing and wholesalers:
QuickBooks Premier® | Manage Orders, Inventory & Costs (http://quickbooks.intuit.com/premier/manufacturing-wholesale-features/)

Freelancier
05-22-2013, 10:54 AM
Yeah, I'd second using something like QB, although you might even be able to get away with using QB Pro instead of Premier. Compare the editions to see. There's also an online version if you really want, but I tend to think that buying is better than renting when it comes to accounting software.

Daniel Arbizu
05-23-2013, 01:49 PM
QB is probably better but you might want to check out Microsoft's (http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/invoice-tracker-TC010355188.aspx) solution to this.