PDA

View Full Version : Software?

mbarky
06-09-2013, 12:46 PM
I am a very small service business (pet sitting). I do not invoice clients, they pay up front, nor do I have inventory. I need a really simple acctg program to keep
track of income and expense , if expense such as mileage could be attached to each job that would be great! and something with a comprehensive client database. I have been scouring the web and stores for weeks and am not finding anything really suitable for my needs. I have Peachtree but have installed and deleted it twice because it is much more than I need.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!

jamesray50
06-10-2013, 12:28 AM
Quickbooks Online, Wave Accounting, Simply Accounting, Xero. All off these probably have a free trial. And there are probably more. Good luck.

Freelancier
06-10-2013, 07:15 AM
Peachtree is definitely a big honking accounting package, so you're right to walk away from it for your use.

The cheapest edition of QuickBooks should be fine for what you want. I ran my business on Quicken for several years as well, but it's basically just a checkbook manager, so it doesn't do the job when you're trying to track expense against revenue.

gregfallon1
06-25-2013, 02:34 AM
How about Excel?

johngkm
07-01-2013, 05:27 AM
I think there are many online petty cash management softwares available. They are online softwares. The accounting details will be stored on the web. You will just have to login and create an account and carry out transactions online.