PDA

View Full Version : Advice for selling my Web-based software business

bitdriver
06-13-2013, 11:16 AM
I'm a solo founder and I've been selling a niche Software-as-a-Sergice (SaaS) product for a few years now. It's very low maintenance and low overhead but my background is in operations and development, not sales, so I've never been able to get it to really take off. I was recently given the opportunity to participate in a new venture and I feel like now is the time to finally do something with the product. However, I don't know how to find the right buyer.

I do have investors but they are long past wanting any significant return and would be happy for me to go do something else. I really want someone to keep it running (and grow it of course) as I don't want to leave the existing, small but loyal customer base out in the cold.

Any advice would be much appreciated...Thanks.

UPDATE: I should also mention that I have a patent that would be included as well.

MyITGuy
06-13-2013, 11:54 AM
What type of SaaS Product do you sell?

If your expecting a small amount of funds, give flippa.com or webhostingtalk.com a try.

If your wanting a larger amount, I'd contact a broker to make the sale for you.

bitdriver
06-13-2013, 12:51 PM
It's for the oil and gas industry. It will likely go for me than those sites...do you know of any brokers?

Paul
06-14-2013, 01:54 PM
It's for the oil and gas industry. It will likely go for me than those sites...do you know of any brokers?

I just might be able to help. I'm not in the oil and gas industry but a partner is. Primarily he is involved with technologies for extraction etc. If you care to share some info on here or at my email I can see if there is interest.

Paul

FrontlinePlans@yahoo.com.