PDA

View Full Version : How could you double your profits in the next 12 months?

dwdaniel
06-27-2013, 03:59 AM
This is really a what works (and what doesn't) question.

... Just trying to learn from others. A way of setting my own priorities.

Harold Mansfield
06-27-2013, 10:56 AM

There is no specific strategy that anyone is going to be able to map out for you.
Notwithstanding that we know nothing about your business, industry, target demographic or location.

We also have no idea what marketing and advertising you are already doing and how effective that is for you.

Sure, we can all name some marketing and ad suggestions for business in general, but whether or not that will mean a doubling of your profits is subjective to a whole host of variables including your execution of them, the actual size of your market, competition in the arena, and more.

Carsten
06-27-2013, 12:23 PM
Are you selling one to one or one to many?

nealrm
06-27-2013, 12:41 PM
I agree with Harold. There are just too many variables involved to provide you with an answer. Are you talking about going from $1 to $2, $10,000 to $20,000 or $1,000,000 to $2,000,000.

If any of us knew an answer that would work for all business, their location would be the Bahamas with a status of "retired as multi-millionaire":)

funnyelizh
06-27-2013, 03:12 PM
Generally I would say you should make sure your business is scaleable. (This was one thing I learnt the hard way at the beginning, promosing too much for too little). Sit down with a pen and paper and start some projection figures. As other have said it is a little too broad a question.

huggytree
06-27-2013, 05:14 PM

the only way I know of is to buy someone elses business

I found a plumber who was going out of business and bought his cell phone # from him for $800.....I turned it into $40+k in 6 months....then one day the calls stopped....a few months later I threw out the phone....most of his customers were horrible and very cheap(wonder why he went out of business eh?), but a few of them used me once.......out of the few dozen customers I think I only retained 2-3 of them as steady customers

I consistently grow 10-25% a year for 6 years now.......im afraid to double in 12 months...id rather do it gradually(maybe a bit faster than I am though)

samie
07-03-2013, 07:16 PM
Yeah it's hard to provide feedback without knowing your business and how much you currently make. But I'm sure doubling your income can involve some risky investments. But other than that just making sure that you've covered your basis on everything like having an online presence as that's becoming very important. If it's a B&M anyways.