PDA

View Full Version : Website Business Ideas

harismvec
07-05-2013, 02:36 AM
Hi,

I am currently working as Analyst Programmer. I would like to run some online part time business. I know to develop web applications. Is there any website or web application in demand which attracts more users from where i can earn money. Any ideas of such highly wanted websites.

Any ideas will be highly appreciated.

Wozcreative
07-05-2013, 01:16 PM
I would guess an analyst programmer would know the answer to that?

Just like a fashion designer asking what is in fashion right now/popular that people want? Seems.. strange not to know if you are educated in this field, no? We can't possibly know what the software out there that needs to be created that will make money.. otherwise we'd all be doing it.

Harold Mansfield
07-05-2013, 01:53 PM
There are millions of people that sit around everyday asking themselves "What can I do to make money", but none ever consider what it takes to run a business. You're looking at this all wrong. You're tryng to figure out what you can do to make money, instead of following an idea or service that you already know or can create to turn into a business.

This is that train of thought that all you need is a good idea to make money. Nothing can be further from the truth. Ideas are a dime a dozen. Execution and dedication of a good idea is what makes a success, and there are a LOT of things in there to learn.

samie
07-05-2013, 08:21 PM
I would guess an analyst programmer would know the answer to that?

Just like a fashion designer asking what is in fashion right now/popular that people want? Seems.. strange not to know if you are educated in this field, no? We can't possibly know what the software out there that needs to be created that will make money.. otherwise we'd all be doing it.

I would have to disagree with that comparison of a analyst programmer to a fashion designer. In that comparison a programmer would be more of the manufacturer for what that fashion designer prototypes or their vision.

There are tons of programmers out there who could custom code just about anything, even make their own social networking site like Facebook, but having creative ideas on what to make is the difficult part.

I guess my only advise would be to try freelancing. There are lots of sites you can find online where you can apply your programming skills to do freelance work for people. It's just very hard to find clients at first, but I'm sure after you get a reputation it might be easier.

Other than that, you're going to need to come out with some creative new and innovative ideas. I'd probably suggest if you want to create something to look into creating a game using Java. Come out with something fun and they can do pretty good in the cellphone marketplaces.

harismvec
07-08-2013, 12:10 AM
Thanks for all....

PrintingSolutionsAZ
07-11-2013, 02:30 PM
Social Media has/is the big gain nowadays. People love to connect with families from all over the world! It's how we work nowadays!

So come up with a great idea, and run with it! Remember, you're not going to start a business making money for the first 3 years or so. Those are the rough times in starting your business, then if it's successful, and you put a lot of work into it, you'll start breaking even, and then eventually, start MAKING money!

Good luck to you and your future, Harismvec!

LGCG
07-11-2013, 02:37 PM
I have to say, I would admire their honesty and ambition. It's entirely possible they weren't going to stick with the company forever anyway, so I would say if they're right for the job, go ahead and hire that person.

harismvec
07-12-2013, 12:08 AM
Social Media has/is the big gain nowadays. People love to connect with families from all over the world! It's how we work nowadays!

So come up with a great idea, and run with it! Remember, you're not going to start a business making money for the first 3 years or so. Those are the rough times in starting your business, then if it's successful, and you put a lot of work into it, you'll start breaking even, and then eventually, start MAKING money!

Good luck to you and your future, Harismvec!

Thanks and i will...

harismvec
07-12-2013, 12:08 AM
I have to say, I would admire their honesty and ambition. It's entirely possible they weren't going to stick with the company forever anyway, so I would say if they're right for the job, go ahead and hire that person.

What do you meant ?

JamesTallon
07-13-2013, 05:13 PM
A few things you need to consider is what are your skills, weaknesses and where are you going to go with this? Are you thinking about making the a business or just a hobbie that makes a few bucks a week? If you can answer toughs questions I can help a bit more.

Harold Mansfield
07-13-2013, 05:37 PM
Just thought of this post today.

You're a programmer. See if you can use existing API's from the popular Social Media sites to create things that don't exist and that people keep asking for.
You may not be able to sell them, but it would definitely make a name for yourself as a programmer, and then move into products that you can sell, like premium add-ons to existing software.

There are a few things that I was looking for today, that don't seem to exist and I KNOW people need them.

Microsoft Outlook Social Connector allows you to link to your personal Facebook and Linked In profiles, but not your business profiles. There's also no Twitter connect, or other popular networks like Pinterest, You Tube, or G+. It basically makes the whole add on worthless. Business people use Outlook. This is a HUGE oversight by Microsoft.
People are always looking for a WordPress plug in that's easy to set up and use, that posts their articles to their Facebook Business Page. The one by Facebook is ridiculously complicated, and the other 2 aren't very intuitive. If you made a good one, you could sell it. Maybe one that handles multiple social business profiles at once.

The point is that there are a TON of Social Media add ons, apps, and tools that work with personal profiles, but sites like Linked In, Facebook, and G+ allow you to create a separate business profile and there are very few tools that connect with your business pages.

Solving a problem and doing it well, is the a step in the right direction. If it's well received, people will be falling all over themselves to give you free publicity.