PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Oregon

PoppyLacava
07-31-2013, 06:04 PM
I hope to begin my time as a business owner in October of this year.

My husband and I have spent the last 3 months trying to buy an existing wine bar/bottle shop, but failed to acquire it.
So we are going to go with plan B and open our own.
Having never owned a business we sure did learn a lot on our journey through the ins and outs of ROI, APAs, multiples
and wine, of course!
Enough to gain the confidence to run our own place.

This sure is exciting! I'm know I will have lots of questions.

Thanks!

vangogh
08-01-2013, 02:46 AM
Welcome to the forum PoppyLacava. Sorry to hear plan A fell through, but glad to hear it didn't keep you from plan B. Sounds like a fun business too. Glad you stuck with it and glad you found us. Ask any questions you have. We're seldom short on answers and opinions. Thanks for joining the community.

patrickprecisione
08-01-2013, 10:11 AM
I hope to begin my time as a business owner in October of this year.

My husband and I have spent the last 3 months trying to buy an existing wine bar/bottle shop, but failed to acquire it.
So we are going to go with plan B and open our own.
Having never owned a business we sure did learn a lot on our journey through the ins and outs of ROI, APAs, multiples
and wine, of course!
Enough to gain the confidence to run our own place.

This sure is exciting! I'm know I will have lots of questions.

Thanks!

Hi! Sounds like you've done a ton of research in getting prepared to run a business. I'm sure you'll do great! Do either of you have restaurant/bar experience?

cbscreative
08-01-2013, 02:58 PM
Sounds like a great niche business. If you were in my neighborhood I'd stop in for sure. If the Portland market is like Grand Rapids, MI where I'm at, you should do well. There's a growing interest in specialty foods and beverages. Welcome to the place where the business experience here will prove valuable on this new journey you're taking.

Chris-AthenaAnalytics
08-02-2013, 08:04 AM
Welcome to the forum, Poppy!
What type of research did you do to prepare for Plan A and now Plan B? Sounds like you really dug into the details.