PDA

View Full Version : Where to open a Bank account for a Delaware LLC ?

RadicalActivity
09-03-2013, 04:08 PM
Hello,

I have recently formed an LLC in Delaware (US), for my online activities. However I'm living outside of the US (in Poland). My recent LLC does not have a Bank account yet, so I'm looking to open a Bank account somewhere. I have heard that opening Bank accounts for Delaware LLC is not an easy thing to do.

Can someone advise me, where do people usually open Bank accounts if they have a Delaware LLC and they are not living in the States? I have not found any discussion related to this question, this is why I'd like to ask you guys, maybe some of you have experience with this.

Any help would be really appricaited!

Thank you in advance,
RadicalActivity

Business Attorney
09-03-2013, 09:13 PM
Opening a U.S. bank account for any entity without a person physically going into the bank's facility and showing identification is nearly impossible.

I worked with a client recently to open a bank account and tried to find a branch of a U.S. bank in Europe that he could go into to show his identification, but we were never able to do so, even though most large U.S. banks do have operations around the world. Eventually we did a work-around that enabled us to open an account for the entity with a local signer (who was ID'd by the bank) and our client was able to visit the bank in Chicago several months and get his signature privileges added to the account. It was a lot of work and I would have never started it if I knew then what I know now.

I have seen businesses who advertise that they can open bank accounts for people without the need to visit the U.S., but I don't know how they can do that, based on my experience with the banks.

RadicalActivity
09-04-2013, 05:50 AM
If it is required I can travel to the bank once, however as I am not an US resident, I'll not be able to open the bak account as far as I know. This is why I'm looking for other opportunities to open the bank account elswhere and not in the US. I can go to the bank if they need me to, I just need to find a Bank which accepts my US Delaware LLC. Do you know more information about it? Also I have found your website in your signature. May I write an email to you regarding this issue?

Opening a U.S. bank account for any entity without a person physically going into the bank's facility and showing identification is nearly impossible.

I worked with a client recently to open a bank account and tried to find a branch of a U.S. bank in Europe that he could go into to show his identification, but we were never able to do so, even though most large U.S. banks do have operations around the world. Eventually we did a work-around that enabled us to open an account for the entity with a local signer (who was ID'd by the bank) and our client was able to visit the bank in Chicago several months and get his signature privileges added to the account. It was a lot of work and I would have never started it if I knew then what I know now.

I have seen businesses who advertise that they can open bank accounts for people without the need to visit the U.S., but I don't know how they can do that, based on my experience with the banks.

Business Attorney
09-04-2013, 10:18 AM
You don't have to be a U.S. resident to open an account. You just need to be able to visit the bank in person so that the bank can comply with the Federal banking laws and regulations. You will have to provide acceptable photo identification documents (such as a passport).

RadicalActivity
09-04-2013, 11:19 AM
You don't have to be a U.S. resident to open an account. You just need to be able to visit the bank in person so that the bank can comply with the Federal banking laws and regulations. You will have to provide acceptable photo identification documents (such as a passport).

Thank you for the information. I will think about it. However do you know any other option, where else (in which country) will I be able to open a Bank account for this US LLC? I also want the taxt to be low, this is why I was thinking about some offshore juridictions. Do you think it would be a good idea?

Or lets say I open the bank account in the US, should I pay taxes to the United States if the company receives funds to the bank account? What if the bank account is not in the US (with the same conditions)?

Thank you so much for your help.

Business Attorney
09-04-2013, 11:42 AM
Where income is taxed is a complicated question. Allocations and apportionment of income among various taxing jurisdictions is a question for a tax professional, not a forum.