PDA

View Full Version : Getting Subscribers on YouTube

PayForWords
09-19-2013, 01:55 AM
Okay, so I started a YouTube channel here (http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkPsx5RAOcJlUGD4jTheXig). Any advice on getting subscribers?

I'm just testing the waters right now and this channel will be Boxing, MMA, and Wrestling oriented.

I plan on doing a "News" channel as well. Excuse the Southern accent haha.

Anyways, what can I do to build subscribers? My long term goal is around 10,000.

Ideally, I'd like to earn some money off this channel but whatever happens, happens.

Thanks in advance!

LGCG
09-19-2013, 02:46 PM
Start posting on forums about Boxing, MMA etc. as well as social media pages where they congregate. But before doing that, make some amazing videos! If the videos are worth watching and sharing, they will be. Good luck!

KaterinaM
09-23-2013, 04:17 AM
Start posting on forums about Boxing, MMA etc. as well as social media pages where they congregate. But before doing that, make some amazing videos! If the videos are worth watching and sharing, they will be. Good luck!

Agree. The best thing of youtube videos is that if you publish them on some very popular resources, people will share it by themselves.

patrickprecisione
09-23-2013, 08:54 AM
Agree. The best thing of youtube videos is that if you publish them on some very popular resources, people will share it by themselves.

Yeah, share them where people interested in this type of stuff will be. I did take a look at your videos and if I'm being honest, they could use some work. It seems like it's mostly you laying down on the couch and holding a camera up to your face. You don't need a production budget to improve upon that. Both Macs and PCs have free editing software that allows you to add captions, effects etc.

MarkFSimmons
09-24-2013, 10:25 PM
Hey, first off, congrats on taking the leap! I did so myself this week - click The Digital Edge below.

Okay, so, I'll have to echo Patrickprecisione's observation about production quality. If you're serious, you can get a HD video camera for around $100, studio lights on Ebay for $100-$150 and use VSDC Free Editor (PC) for editing. It makes a difference. I honestly wouldn't take you seriously and that matters in the first 10 seconds or so. Up the quality and you'll have better results, guaranteed.

Once you've gotten production down, create lots of content. Go for at least 10 videos to start off.
Make a schedule for new content and stick to it.
Be sure to include a prompt to tell users to "subscribe" to your video in the actual video.
Edit your cover art to include an arrow or graphic to highlight the subscribe button.
Like other people's videos, comment and subscribe to them. People will usually reciprocate - subscribe to mine and watch it happen :)

Be a part of the community and people will return the favor. Of course, sharing your video across all your social media profiles will help.

Hope this helps! Feel free to message me with additional questions.

ASAPchange
09-26-2013, 01:54 PM
Good advices you got already. I checked your Youtube now and I see you have 3 videos with less then 100 views each and 4th with over 2.000 views already. Analyze why that video had so better response and you'll get some idea there too probably. Every field is specific and testing is the best way for getting some conclusions. You already have live test there so you can use that.

cybizme
09-26-2013, 02:52 PM

Agree. You can also share your video to twitter, facebook and other sites by just a few clicks from YouTube. It may take a while. Be patient.

SEOLC
10-03-2013, 12:04 PM
Okay, so I started a YouTube channel here (http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkPsx5RAOcJlUGD4jTheXig). Any advice on getting subscribers?

I'm just testing the waters right now and this channel will be Boxing, MMA, and Wrestling oriented.

I plan on doing a "News" channel as well. Excuse the Southern accent haha.

Anyways, what can I do to build subscribers? My long term goal is around 10,000.

Ideally, I'd like to earn some money off this channel but whatever happens, happens.

Thanks in advance!

There are some tricks for ranking UT videos , Like subscribers , likes comments but main thing is make viral unique videos . for more and better ranking try to give social signal also , embed your UT videos on web sites.

ryantc
11-26-2013, 05:11 PM
Some tips to take into consideration:
Upload videos at least once a week, Make a schedule and stick to it, Properly tag your videos, Take some time to write a good title, Write meaningful descriptions, Keep your content consistent, Interact with your subscribers, Subscribe to other channels, Advertise your channel on websites or blogs.

LeadMaster
11-29-2013, 05:09 PM
Everyone has shared great tips. A major key before purchasing equipment is branding your videos - start the video off with a logo or image so viewers identify your channel and know who you are. Do a short intro where you explain the point of your channel so viewers determine if they should return to your channel for future tips and advice on something that is a recurring interest of theirs. Not branding videos or lacking in explanation leaves your viewers in the dark and does not establish yourself as an expert.