PDA

View Full Version : A few questions about Contests?

kid
09-28-2013, 06:05 PM
Hi

I have a blog and I am thinking to have some promotion through contests. I already have a payment gateway in my site.

Should I do it only for the US or every country should be included?

and How I would pay the winner?

Whats the right way to go?

Thanks

MarkFSimmons
09-29-2013, 11:22 PM
First you should think about why you're doing the contest. What's your goal? Is it to get more awareness and increase you online presence? Is it to collect email addresses for your newsletter? Think about your goal and the best format to accomplish this.

Next, think about your target audience. Are they just US or worldwide? That's how you answer that. If you can only do business in the US, then you must target the US. If borders don't constrain you, go worldwide.

As far as payment. I suggest Paypal as an easy way to send money. You'll need to cover the fees, but most people have Paypal. You could always mail a check, but then they have to give you their address and that can be an uneasy situation.

Hope this helps and good luck!

BTW - what's your business?

LGCG
10-01-2013, 02:59 PM
First you should think about why you're doing the contest. What's your goal?

Agree with, Mark. I emphasize this point only because I feel like I see so many companies running blogs but they don't seem to know why they do. Plan ahead, set a goal then figure out what type of contest would best get you to that goal.

MarkFSimmons
11-07-2013, 09:13 PM
How'd the contest go?