Thread: corporationwiki name removal

Default corporationwiki name removal

I found today that my small business incorporation information is posted on corporationwiki. I had started the company a few months ago, however, I don't want my name to be public as yet. This website corporationwiki doesn't seem to have any way to remove the data -- they provide a way to edit the data but the editing applies only to a minimal level (you can only change the status of the name/company from active to inactive etc).

I'm really horrified to find all my details out in the public view and want corporationwiki and other similar sites to remove such data. I'd think that members on this forum may have experienced similar trouble with these websites and may have some actionable suggestions. Is there anything I can do?

Corporationwiki seems to have scooped this information from the secretary of state office, but the state's secretary's office charges a fee for that. So it makes no sense why this website would post this information.

This issue is causing me concern regarding my privacy and what i do in my own time. I don't wish to disclose my company/name to outside world until it's a little more mature. Are there any options for me?
    Last edited by joeb; 12-21-2013 at 10:09 PM.

Have you tried contacting them with the request?

As for scooping from SOS, it's public information... Data organized in a relational way sells.
    || VMdoh - Drupal development, consulting, and support