Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reinventing your business

Array

Thank you there is some good advice here already. Firstly about the Wrigley's thing, there are similar stories one i believe is Nokia, they started out as a wood-pulp mill in 1865, went through a few different business phases and is one of the largest mobile phone manufacture's today.

More so the reason for me is not so much financial, there is pretty much no financial motivation behind this thought. I don't owe any money or have problems in the financial area personal or business, that are pushing me to drop one idea and pickup another to try and make money quicker.

What i really want to do is expand from the one strain of business i have now and expand to maybe 2 or 3 more strains that give me a wider range of things that i am offering, not so much to make it that i am just trying to offer everything but so that i have a little more diversity in what i offer, especially with different markets that could future potentially connect the businesses together.
    Joel Brown
    My Travels

Array

Well, that seems to me to be more expanding your business and not reinventing it, Joel. Expanding shouldn't require changes to your "style' - logo, branding and such.

It might be a good idea to keep the new products separate as independent profit centers, but that will depend exactly on how diverse they are from what you are doing now.