Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What's the percentage

Queen of the Forum
    Array

Blog Entries

Default What's the percentage

I've been reading through threads here and I'm thinking that we're split a bit toward the independent businessperson side of the spectrum. I'm wondering how accurate my guess is, so I thought I'd ask. What I'm wondering is who here owns their own business and who here is currently working for someone else. I'd just like to see what the current split is.

Keep in mind, I'm not implying that those who work for someone else might not be entrepreneurs in their own right, I'm just interested in seeing what the breakdown is right now. I also understand that some people might be working for someone else while building their own business, but I'm not really looking for qualifications. Let's just keep it simple, do you own your own business and support yourself solely through that, or do you work for someone else?

I'll start. Currently I work for someone else, a corporation in Traverse City, Michigan.

Array

I work for myself :-)

Well techically I work for my clients, so many bosses :-)

Just work for myself.

Array

Do I get 2 votes. I have a day job as a quality engineer. Then my wife and I own a business on the side. She works full time in our business.
    HouseView™ - The leading real estate site for South East Missouri. Follow us on Twitter @HVOL.
    Jackson MO Real Estate, Cape Girardeau Missouri Real Estate, Festus Missouri Real Estate

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

Own my business and haven't worked for someone else since 2003 I think.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals

I too, started in 2003. The business now employs me, my wife and one part-time employee.

Array

I'm in the same league with nealrm. I have a day job working for a non-profit (actually my church's governing body) and own a business doing webdesign/hosting.
    ~~Kandi~~
    ♥Commit random acts of kindness frequently!♥

Array

I'm in the same league with nealrm and kandi. I have a day job working for a non-profit and own a business doing webdesign/hosting.

Array

I work for myself full time. Been that way since 2001.

I was actually going to post something similar - and yes, nothing bad if you have a j-o-b (we all had one at some time ) - it's just I wanted to know who was fully supporting themselves through their business (because I think it's a little different in mindset.)
    Dan Furman - Copywriter, Business Author, Entrepreneurial/Business Consultant
    Business Writing Services | Website Copywriting Services | Blog here

Array

I work for myself... but couldn't do only that if Hubby wasn't working a regular job
    ~Jenn
    Crazy Dog Creative: Graphic Design and Marketing