View Poll Results: What type of business owner are you?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Full-Time - currently capable of primary support of self/family

12 48.00%
  • Full-Time - Trying to develop business to the point it supports self/family.

6 24.00%
  • Part-Time - Still have to keep a "real" job while business is developing.

5 20.00%
  • Hobby Business - I may or may not ever be able to support self/family with business and that's O.K.

1 4.00%
  • None of Above - I don't have a business, but might someday and like to read about small businesses.

1 4.00%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What type of Business Owner are you?

Array

Default What type of Business Owner are you?

I thought I'd give the poll option a try.
    Steve B

Array

I voted...as the second option...I could support myself and family at a subsistence level, but not at our present lifestyle...

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

I voted for the first option. I figure since I haven't worked for anyone else in years and get all my money from my business, I must be supporting myself from the business.

I see you managed to get the poll working.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals

Array

I voted the first, although I think your results will be off based on the end of the first question. I think almost any business can say "well yea, that's the goal..." regardless of if they are doing it now.
    Dan Furman - Copywriter, Business Author, Entrepreneurial/Business Consultant
    Business Writing Services | Website Copywriting Services | Blog here

I voted for the first one as well as I am presently the only household income.

Array

Dan you're right. That last part was done before I thought of the second option. The Poll only gives you five minutes to do an edit - so it can't be removed.
    Steve B

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

Who says you can't edit the poll? All you need to do is look for the invisible 'edit poll' link. It's good to be the king

All fixed.

I'll see if I can find on the backend how to give you a little more time to edit your polls.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals

Array

I'm part-time, probably for another year. I work full-time for my church conference. The conference exists to help the local churches get group discounts on things like liability insurance, health insurance, etc. We are in the process of merging 4 conferences which will more than likely eliminate my job as of July 1, 2010. It will work well with my plans since I had already intended to be full-time from home by then
    ~~Kandi~~
    ♥Commit random acts of kindness frequently!♥

Array

I picked the second option although I'm kinda sorta a blend between #2 and #3. Once my kids are older (I'm guessing in about 10 years) I'll be reaching for #1 - but right now I don't work another job myself and I'd like to be able to support my family in my income but it isn't there yet which means I need to pick option #2. However, my husband does hold an outside job and he is the one whose income we depend on - if it were just up to me I'd have to work another job at least part-time while working my job, so I guess that makes me #3.

OK, I think I confused myself... off to design work, I know how to do that
    ~Jenn
    Crazy Dog Creative: Graphic Design and Marketing

Array

Thanks VG. I thought of asking you to do that, but I didn't want to bug you.

I'm really number 2 - the withdrawals from my bank account in the last 18 months prevents me from being #1 ... yet. It's certainly the goal to support the family with this income.
    Steve B