Thread: Transportation Service Startup Suggestions

Default Transportation Service Startup Suggestions

Hello Everyone,
    I am considering starting a public transportation service (taxi service). Thank you in advance to anyone that may provide information, suggestions, etc.

My suggestion is the same suggestion I give to anyone looking to get into a new field; find someone who has been successful in that field and emulate them. You don't have to actually know this person, but if you can find a story about someone who was successful in creating a public transportation company, then you will find a gold mine of information that can be copied into your own business plan.
    Attention: Beginners and Newcomers; Discover How A One Paged Website Is All You Need To Start Making $250 A Day Or More Online. Learn More Here!

Array

In order to start a transportation service I think one of the key questions you should ask yourself is if there will be a demand for your service.

For example if you live in a rural area where most people own cars then why do you believe they would use your taxi service when they can drive? Or if you live in a city and the major transportation for them is by bus then you need to answer how can I compete with bus which is a much cheaper means of transportation than taxi? Obviously it would help us if you could provide these information to us so we can brainstorm with you.
    nobiventures - a growing startup community. Come and check us out today!

I would try to get into a niche market of taxi service if you area is competitive. For example you could focus on taxi service to airports so people don't have to pay to park there cars and get dropped off right at the door hassle free. Then you could advertise to that market so you could focus your advertising budgets on one area to bring marketing costs down.