Thread: Unconventional Business Plan. Media Streaming Device

Lightbulb Unconventional Business Plan. Media Streaming Device

Hello everyone!

I am currently in the planning phase of starting a business. The product is nearing completion, but my research to form a solid & thorough business plan has come up short. My product & service will primarily start as a media streaming device much like the apple tv, chrome cast, or ruku for example. Basically, I will be providing a product to consumers that are interested in a service that will provide media content.

I have searched on sites such as bplans, but have found that many of the "generic" plans do not target this type of business model. Areas of major concern that are usually absent from plans that I have found are distribution & billing structures. A major concern!

Anyway, hopefully I have described my concern with enough depth to elaborate on. Very open to suggestions & criticism (hopefully constructive) and thank you in advance for your time and help!

Any suggestions welcome! Thanks!

Web Consultant
    Array
    Blog Entries

You probably aren't going to find a business plan example that is an exact match to your particular business idea. If you've created a distribution model, you don't need a template in order to write it out so that it is organized and legible. Just write it out.

On a side note, I just purchased a streaming device, have a Smart TV and Smart Blueray player (I know overkill, but they're all "smart" now), and I would love to ask a whole slew of questions about yours.

Let me know when you're ready to field those questions.
    Last edited by Harold Mansfield; 04-14-2014 at 06:37 PM.

Thanks...PM sent your way and if you or anyone else has a suggestion for a template that would be close to this business model that would be great. I did look around on BPlans...guessing with some modification a presentable plan could take form.

Array

You won't find what you need in a generic business plan template. It sounds like you need a fairly sophisticated financial model. I write business plans and have had to develop a number of complicated models in excel. If you care to share a bit of your structure I may have a sample of something similar you can work from.

You can then use a template and add in your financial model.

FYI-don't be too tied into the format of a predesigned business plan. Write the plan for your readers (investers) and your business. Don't be afraid to change, delete or add sections from a preformatted plan to suit your needs.

Thank you sir. Contacting you via email.