Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Senior Concierge Service and Set Pricing??

Array

To simplify my initial post, you need to sit down and calculate how much it costs you to offer those services as a business.

As a business I have costs too:
    • Insurance
    • Vehicle
    • Gas
    • Vehicle maintenance costs
    • Utilities
    • Software subscriptions
    • Professional service personnel I hire (accountant, translators etc,
    • etc etc etc

If I charged just looking at what others charge around me (lots of students, lots of people overseas) I'd go flat broke. Instead I charge what I need to charge to function and what I can charge based on value I offer. This comes with a lot of research and preparation. You have a very limited understanding of how pricing, value and competition and running a business works.

So to answer your question: "Do I have to set my prices that low in order to start this business?? I was hoping at least $15-18....." no you don't. But also don't pick pricing from the air or from some website. That's no way to run a business.
    Graphic & Web Design [ View Portfolio ]
    Services: Logo Designs, Stationery, Brochures, Flyers, Booklets, Direct Mail, E-Newsletters, Websites, Store Signage, Packaging & Printing

Something I don't think has been mentioned here: Any business can be a vehicle to other businesses. A service business can be a way to sell other products or other revenue streams.