Thread: Writing an "About the Company" section for a brand new company?

Default Writing an "About the Company" section for a brand new company?

Hello, I am new here and this is my first post. I am starting a web design company and am almost done with making my companies website. However my "company" will only be a one man operation until I get some business and can afford to hire my first employee. I chose to actually register a business in my state with an actual name, which I won't name at the moment instead of being a freelance web developer. So this website is for that business entity but since I am the only one at the company how would I write my "about the company"? One of the reasons I chose to register an actual business was to look more professional and not look like some guy making websites out of his parents basement. The plan was to write goals of the company, the future path, etc but I find myself using the words "we" and "us" but I don't want to lie like there are employees when there isn't. Does anyone have any advice for me on this topic? Thanks!

Web Consultant
    Array
    Blog Entries

Pick one, either "I" or "we" and stick with it. Personally I use both. There are some things that I do alone and a speak about them in the first person. The things I do with other service partners I say "we".

Array

i dont know many larger web design companies...seems like 90%+ are 1 man operations....id use I

i use WE for my 1 man business, but i question the choice all the time......We attracts some people and I attracts others....id decide which way to go and stick with it

Array

There is no harm in using we if your plans are to hire others. Even if you have "partners" - suppliers, vendors, lawyers, accountants, etc I would still use we.

I have kinda used both.
    Paul Woodall
    the little business coach
    Small business training and coaching | www.thelittlebusinesscoach.com/about-me/

Array

Maybe consider using "I" for most things but "we" where appropriate as long as you are specific as to whom "we" is referring.
    Capital Projects Enterprises | http://www.thecashflowsite.com/

Use WE. I don't know anything about you or your business but I bet there are people around you that need it to work. Whoever they are, you are all in it together. use WE

Banned
    Array

My rule:

If you're referring to yourself, use I. Using WE sounds weird.

If you're referring to your business, use WE. Using I sounds like there's no difference between you and your business and there definitely will be if you ever decide to outsource something or bring in a partner on a project. So get in the habit of not doing that.