Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: new sales tips

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

Steve I remember when I was first getting started in web design and reading a book or two about the business side of things. Several recommended doing exactly what you're saying here. They would say to bring a copy of your contracts with you to every meeting with potential clients and then at the end of the meeting take out the contract and get the signature then and there.

Maybe not exactly what you do, but very similar. You're asking for the order at the moment when the client is most likely to agree to it. There's a good reason you can close 30% of those orders.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals

Array

You're right in some instances it might/will work.

If a printer walks in my office and says I can do this for you and at this price
    then there is more of a chance I would sign up since I already know the going prices and have a printing budget. Plus, I know what I'm paying for my current printer and can compare it to that.

So in a case like this it would be possible for me to choose the first or only guy that walks in.

As for the car example most people shopping already know a ballpark price for that car and they know how much they want to spend so this makes it easier to close a sale IMO. I'm not going to go in a Lexus dealer when shopping for a car because I already know I can't afford one. Same with houses.

If a customer knows how much they want to spend and your price falls within their budget then your chances of closing are much better.

If they have no idea what something cost to begin with (Me with the tree cutting companies), like most service type jobs where prices are not generally advertised and are not used regularly (plumber, electrician, etc...), then I think there's more of a chance they shop around and compare quotes.

Banned
    Array

I think every body who involves in business has our own criteria to promote our business & increase sale. Thanks for sharing your idea to promote business & sales skills.