Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need financial advice, business not doing well

Banned
    Array

Many many many businesses use debt for legitimate business purposes, including buying very expensive assets using cash flow instead of cash or using debt to smooth out bumps in an uneven cash flow (e.g., to make payroll when you do large projects).

In this case, I think the OP started this business with insufficient cash. And that'll kill the company in a hurry 8 out of 10 times. The other two times, you need to get the cash flow positive in a hurry and that didn't happen either. If she's really short $14K every month now, I'd shut it down, regroup and figure out how to get enough cash together to do this right.

Array

Many businesses fail due to lack of sales and the biggest factor in lost sales is not enough advertising. If you aren't advertising then you cannot produce sales because people don't know about you and your services.

Take a good look where you are lacking in advertising campaigns. Use Craigslist if you aren't already to get free exposure, advertise what you offer and be sure your contact info is displayed along with an address and map of where you're located. In my experience newspaper ads do not convert well depending on the industry, so I would test an ad campaign to see if it pulls any clients that convert to sales. Get magnets or car wraps and out them on your car(s), you may be surprised how effective this can be especially if you're driving around locally.

Think outside the box and figure out ways to get more exposure of your brand and service. Lack of advertising is likely the reason your company is doing so poorly.
    I Earn 15% To 33% Return On My Investment And You Can Too
    http://www.PassiveIncomeInvesting.com