Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Should I add sales tax to customer invoices?

Array

There is nothing to do with airport fees. International clients will book our services and we have to provide it and apply state/city sales taxes. As I found in another topic, New York is has a destination based sales tax which means I might need to add 8.875% to any clients from jfk and laguardia. I don't know anything about New Jersey but will ask. I asked that question only in hope that someone has done something similar before so don't judge. Thanks anyways.

Web Consultant
    Array
    Blog Entries

I don't think anyone here is judging anything. We're giving you the advice you asked for. And the common consensus is that you need to speak to a professional. Even if someone had done it before, taxes is not something that you want to take advice on from strangers because no situation is exactly alike. You want to make sure that you are doing it correctly for yourself, so see a local accountant or tax adviser.

I only mentioned airport fees because I know for a fact that most airports charge any vehicle picking up as a paid service or even a free shuttle, a service fee that is from the Department of Taxation. That's in addition to your normal sales tax.
    Last edited by Harold Mansfield; 10-15-2014 at 10:20 AM.