Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: most effective way in attracting applicants

Array

Default most effective way in attracting applicants

I am a 4th year student from Father Saturnino Urios University and my father and I are likely to put up a small business. And I want an advise from you guys on what is the most effective way in attracting applicants. Thanks

Array

Are you trying to hire people? For what kinds of positions?
    Brian Satterlee - Satterlee Group, Inc. - Blog - FreeLeadsExplosion.com

Array

I'm with Shrinkme.

What's this for???
    David Hunter | Duke of Marketing | Former Real Estate Agent
    www.DukeOfMarketing.com
    www.BibleAndFriends.com/go/youtube

Registered Member
    Array

I usually base it on the type of employees I'm looking for. I use direct approaches, social media, word of mouth. It's all the same

Array

Thanks, our plan is not clear so far but I think we are going to put up an agency for services like drivers, carpenters, utility men etc.

Array

Humanize your job ads, wherever you decide to post them. Do the opposite of what most recruiters are doing --- generic almost mechanic sounding recruitment ads. It's as if you're talking down to applicants that way, which I think are driving excellent people away. Leave out the obnoxious list of Requirements, and tell them why anybody would want this job.

Array

I would suggest going through a recruiter -- they cost a bit more, but you can determine the skill sets and quality of personnel you want. Also, they have access to veterans who are great workers (and come with federal subsidy right now).

Array

thank you but what i mean is that we are the recruiters and they get people from us , can you help get more ideas,.

Array

does social media attract apllicants better than the usual way attracting them?

Array

I don't want to discourage you, but when starting a business it is best to either purchase a running business or if starting one from scratch to know the basics of the business. I am worried that you are trying to start a recruiting business and the first question you ask is how to recruit. That is sort of like starting a restaurant and asking someone how to toast bread.

I would suggest that you first start by working for a recruiting business. Learn the ropes. Then look into starting you own business.
    HouseView™ - The leading real estate site for South East Missouri. Follow us on Twitter @HVOL.
    Jackson MO Real Estate, Cape Girardeau Missouri Real Estate, Festus Missouri Real Estate