Thread: Entrepreneur Startup Idea

Default Entrepreneur Startup Idea

My business partner and I are looking into creating a C-Corp for our business venture. I do not want to delve too much into what the venture is as a whole in an effort to keep it as “market needed” as possible. Our idea is not a large scale monster like many of our competitors, and as such we should be able to give our customers a better product with a better ROI than they may be getting with their current suppliers.

My question is this. If we are looking to make this Corporation our main entity, and also start other ventures in the future what would be the best way to go about it? Should we create and Umbrella Corp i.e. HS Enterprises and have subsidiary business after it, or should we Inc. each one?

Also after looking extensively at different business models I am still trying to figure out if board meetings are mandatory as a recordable audit item or is that something which would be voluntary as there would only be myself and my business partner involved in business decisions?

Thank you for your time, and I look forward to furthering this conversation.

Banned
    Array

Don't sweat the future. You can always reorganize later with the help of a lawyer and an accountant. For now, create your C-corp and then create additional LLCs or Corps for the other unrelated ventures. If later you want to have a giant holding company for all of it, you can do that and "seed" that holding company with the shares from the other entities.

Thank you for your insight Freelancer. I really do appreciate it, and you are right I don't need to sweat the future. I guess I am just trying to get all of the contingetcies out of the way. I tend to overthing things.