Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cigar Wrap Company?

Array

In this day and age, you could probably have a machine printed up for you on a 3D printer. hahaha
    David Hunter | Duke of Marketing | Former Real Estate Agent
    www.DukeOfMarketing.com
    www.BibleAndFriends.com/go/youtube

I wonder if that is a possibility haha. I don't know anything about 3D printing though. Right now I'm just passively looking for companies that do custom machinery design and production, just in case that's how I have to get my machinery. I was also thinking, I don't know too much about the production process as a whole, ie how the wraps are made, how they are packaged, what machinery packages them, how they stay fresh, etc. I was wondering if there was a specific type of person, like a consultant or something akin to that, who would know this information and be able to advise me on what my needs are. Is there such a thing? I hope so, because this would be a miracle for my potential business.
    Last edited by kymiwi; 02-14-2015 at 01:08 PM.

I just heard back from a company that does tobacco related service. When asked about where to acquire the machinery I need, they recommended me to Tobacco Solutions Asia Limited, or TSAL. This company appears to have much of what I need for my company. I'll still keep my eyes open for other venues for machinery though. I will email them and see if they can do anything for me, since I believe they are based in China, but have offices in Luxembourg, and South Africa. If they can't help me, I'll ask them to recommend someone who can. Also, is there a way to run a search on a company, see if it is reliable? Just thought that something like that would come in handy.

Long time no see guys, I'm back! I hope everyone is well. Again, I'm here to make an update and ask another question haha. The only recent events for me have been that TSAL has not responded to my email. I will be sending another shortly, and hopefully they will get back to me. Another thought that popped up though, was what if they cannot help me due to my being in the US. This stumped me for a bit, but I figured if that was the case, I might be able to start a factory in another country, and ship it here. I don't know if this would work, mostly due to so many variables such as shipping costs, laws in the country I would produce in, and countless others. Does anyone have any experience with starting a business in another country, or at least any thoughts or advice? I would truly appreciate any input.

Array

Have you considered starting your business with hand rolled wraps rather than investing in a machine right away?
    Brad Miedema
    Fulcrum Saw & Tool

When you say hand rolled, you mean just hand made correct? Just making sure, my mind is functioning at about 50% today haha. I have not thought of that however. It certainly is a good idea with lots of merit. I will look into it and see exactly what I would need. That would save me a bunch of time and money, so it is definitely on my to-do list.