Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: One Small Step

Banned
    Array

BTW, JR, just as an aside, this conversation came in helpful yesterday. Got called for help from a guy who owns a wood pellet manufacturing plant. And I knew what to ask! Just because of this conversation, I didn't stumble over "what's a wood pellet?"

Glad I could be of some assistance. I know you all have helped me figure out a few of the ins and outs to look for.

Hope he wasn't near me in any form or another. LOL

What are your thoughts on USPS direct mailings for initial outreach as we open our facility for public sales?

Would it be worth the ROI or would it be a larger expense that we could best allocate elsewhere?

Banned
    Array

No, nowhere near your area of the country.

The cost is going to be based on the number of people who are in your area, so hard to know without that, but you probably can talk to a local printer to get some insight into the costs and reach.

Any good billboards around? Can you just get yourself into a few independent retailers to get through the season and get some traction? How do people try to find someone who sells what you're selling?

The majority of pellet providers are out of state, so people are relying on either mini mills they can buy themselves, or a retailer. So by our location we would be able to be the only wholesale provider withing almost 200 miles.

We do have billboards around, and it is off of one of the largest highways throught the midwest. So that may be a better option than direct mailing.