Thread: Starting a delivery service

Default Starting a delivery service

What type of licensing do I need to get before making deliveries? Would there be a fine imposed if a delivery was made before I became licensed in my state? (Arkansas). I plan on delivering food (from restaurants and groceries. Who do I need to speak with to get this all going? I am so confused. Thanks in advance for the help!

Banned
    Array

Start with whether your state taxes delivery if you are marking up the product you are delivering or if you're just picking up someone's order that they pay for independently.

Then make sure you have sufficient insurance that covers you while you use your car for business.

Then contact your city/county to see if they require that you get some kind of license. Licensing is usually out of the secretary of state's office, but could be out of the dept of revenue, the dept of professional standards, all depends on how your state is organized... a short-cut is to call your governor's office, they should be able to direct you to the right branch, since the governor is technically over all that.