Thread: New idea for tech and social media start ups read below please

Cool New idea for tech and social media start ups read below please

Hello everyone i'm danarchy and i am looking for enthusiastic people who could help me get my tech ideas out into the world. i first want to spark interest so ill give a quick overview. i come up with a lot of new ideas daily but right now i have these two tech ideas. First i a social media that will be directed to a group of people who have not yet been affected by the social media craze thus i feel like the opportunity and opportunities that will emerge will be great. Second is a search engine based app that will be used mainly by tourists and travelers as well as just ordinary day to day people but again this app will be hitting a relatively untouched market. i am looking for coders/programers as i do know HTML,CSS, C++ in a novice field and i will be learning java but i lack the skill to code these apps and platforms at the moment. i am more of an idea maker and a operationalist than a coder... i'm also looking for partners to make this work. again this is a potential startup so all hands will be given a large portion of the company. I am young but i still see potential or i would not be writing this i live in the new york city area i hope people reply and that everyone is having a good holiday weekend! - Danarchy

Web Consultant
    Array
    Blog Entries

Hi dananarch12,
    First I'll say that this isn't the place for soliciting partners for ideas. But I wanted to comment on your thought process here.

First of all, ideas are a dime a dozen. Seems like you're just lurching around trying to find something, rather than actually having or truly developing anything of substance.

I'll just say based on the little information that you gave that your ideas for the new social media site and "travelers" apps are a little behind the times.
    I think the failure of Google+ and the graveyard of other social media companies are prime examples that people are pretty tired of yet another social media site.
    Not sure what about yours is going to be so groundbreaking, but it it seems like you would have mentioned it.

Don't know what kind of travel app you're talking about, but apparently you haven't seen the hundreds of travel apps that are already out there for almost every kind of traveler in almost every part of the world. What's different about yours?

Here's the other thing....

The problem with looking for partners for your ideas is that you're looking for people with the skills and resources that you lack, and you want them to invest their resources in your ideas for a percentage of ownership. Why would they do that? It's easy for anyone to sit on the sidelines with no money, no skills, and nothing invested to come up with ways for other people to spend or invest their money. But if you're truly serious about any idea, you'll invest your own resources to see it as far as you can before anyone else will even begin to take you seriously.

I can appreciate that you consider yourself the idea man, but generally only has weight when you've had some successes.
    Last edited by Harold Mansfield; 04-05-2015 at 02:53 PM.

Array

Before you do much programming or other efforts, you should define, VERY TIGHTLY, your market. If you don't know very precisely who will be purchasing your product/products, you may be wasting a lot of time on other activities.

As Harold Mansfield said, "I think the failure of Google+ and the graveyard of other social media companies are prime examples that people are pretty tired of yet another social media site."

My best to you in your project.

Paul
    Last edited by Paul Elliott; 04-05-2015 at 03:33 PM.