Thread: What are business owners looking for with social media marketing?

Default What are business owners looking for with social media marketing?

I have just started a social media marketing and online reputation company for small and medium size businesses. I was wondering what business owners are looking for when it comes to marketing on social media? What are your experiences when it comes to marketing online? Thank you

Web Consultant
    Array
    Blog Entries

Everyone is looking for something different. Website traffic, newsletter sign ups, lead generation, branding...it all depends. Some people just want numbers so that they can make money per post. Some people just want click throughs so that they can make money on ads. There's realistic expectations and unrealistic expectations.

Some companies use social media as a communications and customer service platform. Some companies use it to provide entertainment. Some use it strictly for product news.
    Some companies tie it with inter office communications and CRM's.

And some people have no idea what they're doing, they just heard that they need to be active on Social Media but don't know why or have a plan.

The needs are as different as the company.

So if I was looking for a social media company I'd want someone who is experienced in all of those things, and not just a company to post to my profiles and promise to get me a bunch of likes. I can do that myself.
    Last edited by Harold Mansfield; 05-14-2015 at 06:08 PM.