Thread: can i market a product to a store?

Default can i market a product to a store?

Hei everybody! Hope you all are having a lovely day! I need help here ☺
    so right now i am marketing a product that is manufactured in the US and i live in Norway. The product is doing quite well in US and is a brand name. but it's still new in europe.

I can either market it (without having to buy stock) or i can also buy wholesale and resell directly to customers.
    My question is can i market or resell the product to a store? The store will ofcourse resell it. there's a store that is interested in the product actually so i would appreciate some help here. Thankyou!

Someone please help!☺

The buisness is actually a mix of affiliate marketing and direct selling. I was told that it is totally ok for the store to buy the product and resell it. But i thought i should post the question up here because it seems like there are some people here with experience
    Last edited by Deena; 05-21-2015 at 04:18 AM.

Array

Without knowing anything about your product or your marketing agreement with the manufacturer or the distributor, my initial thought is that if it is OK to do it then why not?

You didn't say who gave you the "OK" buy and resell in Norway. I'm not familiar with the local laws in Norway governing wholesale and retail business relationships.

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

Why not ask the company who makes the product? What kind of an agreement do you have with them to sell their products? My guess is you can't negotiate a deal with a store to carry someone else's product. You probably need the permission of the company who makes the product.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals

Thank you guys for the answers! Appreciated.

Well the thing is i am not in contact with the company that makes the product. there is a telecommunication company thats distributing the products to europe. it is basically a networking company that decided to give it a try with the product. So the agreement is between me and the networking company. There is nothing in the agreement that states that i cant market to a third party that will resell the product.

The product is a beauty care line called alumine. Hair and skin care, an organic product of high quality. The ones who gave me the OK were people who have been in the networking buisness for a long time, they said that the ones who buy the prpduct can do whatever they want with the product like resell it as long as they dont make changes to the product or claim that they produced it.

However i felt obliged to ask more because this is my first time doing this. So i am still a beginner and in the learning process. Please enlighten me and let me know if i haven't answered your questions.