Thread: Tenders

Default Tenders

Hello,

Does anyone has experience in searching clients in tenders sites. Especially I'm interested in embedded system (specialized microcomputers) development and producing. Which site is better? Who has more tenders? Does anyone provides free ones?

If by tender you mean an open bid to the world, one - someone will underbid you. Twlo, its unethical to go around someone who has asked you for a price quote for a job. I've been told that's illegal although I have no verification of that.

A tender is essentially an invitation to bid, though in most cases these invitations are open to anyone. It's a process used mostly by government entities, but some businesses (especially in manufacturing) will issue tenders to source their suppliers. The difference between a tender and a request for proposal is who makes the final specifications and at what point in the process. A tender is pretty much "we need item X" and is searching for someone to buy it from at the lowest qualified price. An RFP states big picture goals and provider requirements, but leaves the choice of products and specification of processes up to the bidder.

I don't think I've ever come across a free tender/RFP site other than original sources. Most of them are either scraping the websites of organizations known to issue tenders and RFPs, or they have users that are submitting them in exchange for access to other tenders and RFPs. Usually those who are submitting are already actively checking for upcoming tenders and RFPs or they are on blanket invitation to bid lists with entities they've already worked with.
    || VMdoh - Drupal development, consulting, and support