Thread: How long until sending a 2nd bill

Array

Default How long until sending a 2nd bill

So how long do you wait for payment receipt before it's time to contact the customer or send another bill for non-payment on the first bill?

Thankfully I haven't had to deal with this...yet, but curious at your process.

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

For me it depends on the client. After working with them for awhile I have a good sense of how long they usually take to pay the bill. I have no set process in place for when to send a second invoice. I generally don't have to send it at all. When I do it's usually a few weeks after I expected to receive payment or at a time when we happen to be communicating about something else.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals

Array

i dont give homeowners credit-i collect the $ when the jobs done.

i give 30 days to pay to contractors. I usually send a reminder on day 37 (late notice)

sometimes i give a phone call along with it

day 55 gets a phone call to my lien service to get that end going.

i call or mail over due notices weekly on late payments

my contract says 1.5% interest after 30....i may start doing it.

im lucky that 90% of my customers pay on time...i havent chased money since late winter.

Array

This depends on your type of business. We send an invoice when the bill is due. We also send monthly statements that show the activity for the month and unpaid charges.
    HouseView™ - The leading real estate site for South East Missouri. Follow us on Twitter @HVOL.
    Jackson MO Real Estate, Cape Girardeau Missouri Real Estate, Festus Missouri Real Estate

Mr. Tax Man
    Array

I'll usually send a statement (with a finance charge assessed) about 5-7 days after the due date. I have a few clients who will pay 3 months later, but they are assessed finance charges along the way. Luckily they aren't making or breaking the bank.
    Small Business CPA
    "A tax loophole is something that benefits the other guy. If it benefits you, it's tax reform."