You can certainly open your own online store. But sales gimmicks won't make it popular. Getting traffic to the site and getting people to buy things from it is your job. No sense in offering the suppliers sales bonuses. They aren't going to promote the site for you. Any supplier that knows that they are doing is going to have their own sales funnel to promote...namely their own website. Why would they spend to promote yours, when they make better margins on their own?

I appreciate the way you are thinking...a site that takes less in commissions than Amazon and Ebay, but those sites have traffic, and credibility. It's worth it for people to be listed there. Buyers don't care what the commission structure is. That's back end stuff. They care about what's in it for them.

I've been down the road your own at one time or another and changes to both technology and the marketing and advertising needed to even have a chance made me come to a few simple truths...

You aren't going to make any money selling items that people can get anywhere online, get it cheaper, a better selection, and on a site that they already know.

There's no money in games or game systems because you can't compete with the price from the actual companies or Amazon, Walmart of Game Stop who deals in bulk. Also, you download games to your system now. Very few people physically order disks anymore.

There's no money in DVD's because you can stream almost anything now. Why would I pay $75 for the complete series of "The Wire", when I can order HBO and get everything they have on demand for about the same amount for the year? $45 for Season 7 of "True Blood"? I can get all seasons on Amazon Prime for no additional cost.

There's no money in selling other people's electronics unless you can do volume, or maybe are selling discontinued or over stock items that you get in bulk at a discount.

There is no money in selling phones. Carriers make their money on the contracts, bloatware, and service subscriptions. (There may be a market in selling refurbished phones, but of course you'd need to know how to run that operation and again carriers are already doing this, as well as everyone else).

There's no money in selling music. Period. There never was. Not even CD's when people still purchased CD's. You can download anything online, or stream via a service. Why would I order a CD anymore?

You need to find a niche of products or services that isn't available on 1 million other sites. As a consumer why would I shop on your site when I can get the same things you offer and more on Amazon? Even if you are $5 cheaper, $5 isn't enough to make me take a risk. I'm buying luxury and entertainment items, not necessities.

You're trying to tap into the market controlled by behemoths and tech advances and you aren't offering the consumer anything different or better in any way. In some cases you're actually offering considerably less. You're trying to offer a little bit of everything, and not all of anything. Who is your target market for that?

You're thinking about this from what YOU want. You're playing "If I can get a small percentage of that market ( or some fantasy made up number) I can make money". Not trying to help solve a problem or offer some kind of convenience to the customer.

The fact that you can download half of the things that you're selling, or can get them as part of a larger service for less money than your cost per item is a real issue that you need to accept. 10 years ago a store like this may have been a good idea in a regional market that Ebay and Amazon and other online retailers didn't serve, but today it's kind of outdated.

If you're going to continue down this road, you need to be able to answer 1 question, "Why would I buy from your site over all of the others?".