Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: You Know You're a Crazy Self-Employed Person When...

Array

ive had metal in my eye 3x....one time was over the weekend and it started to rust..they had to take alittle dremmel tool and grind out the rust..very freaky

ive had stitches 2x

ive gotten pvc primer in my eyes a bunch of times...one time was sooooo bad my vision was 20/100 for a few hours...took 3 days to recover...very painful...a chemical burn of the cornea....I wear safety glasses full time when doing my job....havent had an injury in 2 years....

its a very physical job with lots of sawing,cutting, smashing, chemicals.....lots of places to get hurt.

Refugee from the .com
    Array

Wow, huggy, why would anyone want to do your job cheap?

I'm a lt like the rest of you, work whenever, but one of the advantages to being self employed is you can take off and enjoy a nice day if you want to. You might end up working till 3 am to make up for it, but you get to make that choice.

The title of this thread reminded me of the joke, "You know you have problems if you are self employed and have human resource issues."
    Steve Chittenden

Web design, graphic design, professional writing, and marketing.

"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." -- Theodore Roosevelt

Array

When i was in Hospital overnight last year, i would have liked to have my laptop there and probably would have laid there all night playing (i mean working) on it. But you hear to many stories of things that go missing at hospital, and it was not something i wanted to risk.
    Joel Brown
    My Travels

Array

I took the whole day off yesterday to go on a day trip with my sister (who is in town to "help" me. Actually I know she is here for one reason to spoil rotten my kids ) But anyway - we drove about 3 1/2 hours and spent some time with my sister-in-law who lives in Alabama but was up here with some of the kids from the church she and her husband pastor for youth camp and my best friend. It was a really nice day!

Now... I'm back to work - but it will be an easy day today!

Oh and Huggy - I'm sure glad my job isn't like yours - I'd probably cut my arm off or something crazy like that, I'm definitely not coordinated enough for a job that required physical effort
    ~Jenn
    Crazy Dog Creative: Graphic Design and Marketing