Thread: Rock Star...new to Forum Fun

Default Rock Star...new to Forum Fun

Hello to my new friends in the forum world! My name Randi Hodges, a natural stone engraver with 17 years of experience in the world of natural stone engraving. I sold the business 3 years ago to two of the gals that worked for me. They are happily running the business under the same name NW Stone Wise. I sold the business because

A.) It was being passed on to enthusiastic and capable hands
    B.) I was worn out. I am 5'2" small in stature and arms like Popeye. I selected, sandblasted, processed, shipped and delivered, quite literally, hundreds of TONS of natural stone. Pooped, indeed
    C.) In 2001, I wrote a simple manual that explained our process. This was a overview in black and white, comb bound and printed off at our local printer. We put the manual on our stone web site and with no promotion, sold a lot of them.
    D.) This being said, I have spend the last 3 years resting, getting flabby, and re-writing the manual. A downloadable version (that can be printed), I collaborated with a sandblast industry supplier. The book includes 11 you tube videos that show a process. As the tension mounts, a year behind schedule, we are about to LAUNCH the first-ever comprehensive manual for "The Art, Process and Technique of Natural Stone Engraving".

I know nothing about publishing and what exactly what comes next, but the book is written, then I trust the next indicated step will appear. Well, that is what I have been up to and I guess this is a good an introduction as any. Would love to hear your thoughts from you, good, bad or indifferent as I take this leap of faith. Nice meeting you all and thanks so much for reading this! Blessings, Randi

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

Welcome to the forum Randi. I worked for a couple of weeks cutting stone for a shop that made awards, mainly out of stone. I don't blame you for being tired. I was every night.

Are you selling your book through Amazon and iBooks and other online stores? If not, that's probably your next step. I don't think every ebook format can accept videos so you may need to rework it, at least for some markets.

Looking forward to getting to know you and thanks for joining the community.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals

Welcome to the forum, Randi. Yours is an interesting story, still being written. I look forward to the next chapter.

I confess, I know nothing about the natural stone engraving industry nor the selling of books, but I will follow your progress with interest.

Web Consultant
    Array
    Blog Entries

Welcome to the forum Randi. Love seeing people capitalize on a niche the way you have. That's what it's all about.

Array

Welcome, Randi!

Looks like you're getting into the info marketing world. :-)
    David Hunter | Duke of Marketing | Former Real Estate Agent
    www.DukeOfMarketing.com
    www.BibleAndFriends.com/go/youtube