Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Build-A-Computer Workshop

Hey Tomx,

I think its a great idea but more suited for an internet business. There are tons of people looking for that kind of information online.

Don't believe me? Jump on youtube and search "How to build a PC" the first video has over a million views the second about building a gaming PC has over 3 million views.

Googles keyword planner says: How to build a computer gets around 18,100 searches a month... How to build a pc gets around 12,000 searches a month.

The point is almost anything can make you money online if you do it right.

So how to get started. Well its all about building a following. You could start a blog and do videos of different builds. PC tech changes so fast there is virtually an endless stream of new hardware builds you could show.

But how do you make money?

When you build a following you can make recommendations...these recommendations can earn you money.

For example do a build showing how to install the newest intel chip...then have a conveniently placed link to purchase the chip from amazon, bestbuy or whoever it doesn't matter because they all have affiliate programs! Then you earn a percentage of the sale.

Amazons affiliate program pays 4% of electronics so on a $350 I7 chip you would make a $14 commission... you could do videos of complete build kits where you recommend everything from the mother board to the video card. Commissions could add up quick.

On top of that you could build and email list of PC enthusiast and email them new tips and tricks and recommend new products through email as well.

You could build a youtube channel and also earn revenue through their youtube partners ad share program.

for an example of someone doing something similar check out tomshardware.com/t/builds/

I hope this helps scale your possibilities.
    Last edited by TheSEknOwer; 06-13-2016 at 02:08 AM.