Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How to identify the requirement

A side question, what if i base my business in Singapore (training centre). Then i advertise my business over the world and fly the member over to singapore for training.

i am wondering, since i made the deal in other country, but conduct training in singapore. Which country am i eliglble for taxation ?

Mr. Tax Man
    Array

Advertise your business all over the world? How are you doing that? Just because your website attracts people from all over the world doesn't necessarily mean you're doing business "all over the world" and need to register in every country.
    Small Business CPA
    "A tax loophole is something that benefits the other guy. If it benefits you, it's tax reform."

Evan

Thanks for the reply. being oversea from my view meaning having a office there and registering the business at that particular country.

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

If you flew everyone into Singapore I'd say you're doing business in Singapore. It's not so much about where your clients/customers are from, but more about where you're located. I suppose it could depend on the laws of the country in question, but my guess is you'd be taxed in Singapore only.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals

why i have this query is because payment would be made at that particular country, then they will be flew to singapore for training . money was exchange at the particular country where the training is conducted in singapore . hahaha so i am getting confuse over the tax matter

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

How would you be collecting money? Do you mean when people pay, they'd be paying someone who worked for you in that particular country? Would they pay online or over the phone?
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me

i would have a someone working at the particular country collecting the money as there will be a store doing the advertising.

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

Then you might be considered as doing business in that country. It sounds like there will be a physical presence in the country so I'm guessing the country will want to collect taxes. Just a guess on my part though. I would think you'd need to check official channels in each country to know for certain.

thanks, i'll try to find out more and let you guys know the result ^^

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

Do let us know. This isn't our typical kind of discussion here so it will be good to gain some knowledge about doing business internationally.