Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: We're celebrating a week now

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

Kristine (or should I say Kristein?) and it's so perfect how my post falls on another page so my admission to the crime requires an extra click to see.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals

Array

I think the feeling that it has been much longer probably comes from being familiar with the other members here. When you first visit a forum it can take a few days, weeks even to get your head around who everyone is that are regular posters. However a large part of the members her we all know from previous forum. So that getting to know everyone stage is not so much of a hurdle here.

As for posting, i am trying to participate as much as possible, i like to see a high post count on my name and also see it going up quickly. But at the same time i try to not post every where, because seriously i don't have valuable comments to share on every topic and think i need to limit myself.
    Joel Brown
    My Travels

Queen of the Forum
    Array

Blog Entries

I think there are always some forums that people feel more comfortable posting in because they feel more knowledgeable about those subjects. I know I've post a lot in the Marketing section because that's my area of expertise.

I think we'll eventually attract enough of a cross section of people that we'll have posters who naturally gravitate to every forum.

Refugee from the .com
    Array

Default We're now at 3 weeks!

It's been 3 weeks since the new SBF launched. Without even being listed on search engines, we now have 55 members and over 3200 posts. In the last several days, the posting activity has subsided compared to our levels shortly after launch. This comes as no surprise, but even with the lower numbers, we are still more active than other SB forums, including the old SBF. Best of all, these are quality posts with good, active participation. I'd rather see quality than quantity, and we're getting both.

Everyone here is doing an awesome job. We're getting referrals, blog and link traffic, and some are still finding us through the old forum. We're getting well indexed by search engines even though they haven't ranked us yet. Once we start showing high in results pages, I think the momentum will really take off.

That's a lot of progress in only 3 weeks. Thanks everyone.
    Steve Chittenden

Web design, graphic design, professional writing, and marketing.

"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." -- Theodore Roosevelt

Actually, Steve, while what you did was mostly done out of frustration I suspect, it was pretty cleaver.

This forum is also more useful to me than the old forum because not surprisingly its more slanted toward web stuff which is what I do. It is interesting, though to see what other types of business people do as well even though it doesn't directly apply to me.

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

Has it really been 3 weeks? Wow.

Things have slowed, but we're still off to a good start and I'll add my thanks to everyone. I've been amazed at the quality of the conversations going on around here, though when I stop to think who's having that conversation, I guess it shouldn't really be a surprise.

Bill I'm glad we have more web stuff here too. I never cared how on the old forum all the web related stuff was pretty much lumped together under one forum.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals