Thread: Working at home and house construction

Array

Default Working at home and house construction

oooh... they don't mix at all.

I'm like at half speed here (and stuff is piling up ). I didn't realize how distracting it would be, etc. They've been at it a week, and will be here another week or so... almost done with the siding, half done w/ the roof, have a big window to put in, then the bathroom (that'll be an adventure.)

Plus, I'm now up at 7am, because these guys start early. I always took full advantage of the "make your own schedule" thing and awoke at 9am or so. This makes it very.... odd. I am not, and have never been, a good morning person.

But it's getting there. This will end, and it'll all be worth it
    Dan Furman - Copywriter, Business Author, Entrepreneurial/Business Consultant
    Business Writing Services | Website Copywriting Services | Blog here

Queen of the Forum
    Array

Blog Entries

That doesn't sound like fun Dan, but you're right, it will be worth it when it's done.

It is an interesting problem, because for most people, the workers would be working while the homeowners were out of the house at work. I'm not sure what the solution is when you work at home. Go on vacation, maybe?

Refugee from the .com
    Array

I think I would go for the vacation idea. That may very well be in my future before too much longer because I have a pretty good list of projects I would like to have done and don't want to do them myself.
    Steve Chittenden

Web design, graphic design, professional writing, and marketing.

"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." -- Theodore Roosevelt

Array

Dan,
    When they get really noisy, grab the laptop and head down to the local library. When I am away, I sometime use GOTOMYPC. It allows you to use your home computer remotely. They do offer a one month free trail.
    HouseView™ - The leading real estate site for South East Missouri. Follow us on Twitter @HVOL.
    Jackson MO Real Estate, Cape Girardeau Missouri Real Estate, Festus Missouri Real Estate

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

I'll echo Neal. Is there anywhere you could go for awhile to get away from the noise? I realize you'll have things you need to do that have to be done in the home office, but are there some tasks where you can grab a laptop and head out to find a quiet place for a few hours?
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals

Array

Not really... I'm not a "laptop in the cafe" kind of person. I'll just complain instead.

It'll pass. And I'll forge ahead. Got more done today already that I thought I would. I'm getting used to it (and soon it will be over.)
    Dan Furman - Copywriter, Business Author, Entrepreneurial/Business Consultant
    Business Writing Services | Website Copywriting Services | Blog here