Thread: License for a home health agency

Default License for a home health agency

Hello Everyone,

I am in the stages of planning a home health care business (in home senior care- non medical staffed by CHHA and Companions). I discovered during my research of the application package to become a licensed health agency that I needed to submit credentials information for a health professional, as someone who will provide" medical supervision". I am curious about how I would word the job posting and what I would offer to the successful candidate in terms of the employment status, benefits and compensation. I don't know how often or how common it is for a health professional to say "yeah, use my credentials on this application, no big deal!" or if there is another way of going about this- anyone in the industry familiar with this situation and willing to offer some advice?

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

I don't know the regulations here so can't really offer specific advice, but a few thoughts came to mind reading your post. I don't know that you want to rely on an employee to get your license. That would suggest your 100% reliant on that employee. If the employee leaves so does your license and business. Also as an employee I would never let you use my information to get your license. That sounds like the employee is risking everything for your business. I could see how your employees might need to provide the information for themselves so they could work for you, but I don't see how using them to get your license is the way to go about this.

I'm not sure if you're dealing with state or federal regulations, but I would think there's information somewhere about what you specifically need to do for licensing. I don't think relying on the credentials of any employee is the way to go.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals

Array

Do you see the position of credentialed health professional who is providing "medical supervision" as a full-time employee of your own business, or perhaps this is a contract relationship? In other words, you would contract with a health professional (or the organization that employs them) to provide "medical supervision" services as needed.

I know that my own personal physician (of record, I rarely actually see him, but whoever is available in the practice group of which he is a part) -- who works for the local medical center -- is listed as the "team doctor" for the sports teams at the local college, but he is not employed by the college; rather there must be a contract between the college and the medical center to provide "medical supervision" to the athletic department...