Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: small business forum broken?

Array

Default small business forum broken?

So, as I have been around. It seems things arent as they are suppose to be. Images for links havent loaded, on occassion the quick reply never refreshes, but it updates the site.

Has anyone else encountered such problems? Or am I lone ranger?

Queen of the Forum
    Array

Blog Entries

I haven't seen any issues, but I haven't been here in a couple hours.

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

I haven't seen anything either. What are you noticing?

I know there were some issues with the server on Saturday. I was getting messages that the site was down and then back up again. Each time everything was working by the time I got the message and since the messages stopped on Sunday I stopped looking into it.

Let me know what you're seeing. Could you point me to specific threads, posts, pages, images, etc. that aren't working?
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals

Array

Everything looks fine to me now. But noticed the problem on the "New Posts" area. The images just were not popping up and instead I got text links. I cant seem to get the problems again, but Ill let you know if I do.

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

Thanks Bryan. Maybe it was connected to whatever happened over the weekend or maybe it was one of those temporary glitches. Glad to know things are working now, but do let me know if it happens again.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me

I've never had any problems with this forum; must have been a temp server prob.
    Twitter: ShredderClay Tumblr: Shredder-Clay Recycle with your Paper Shredder, let me give you a few pointers how... use them in crafts, in shipping, in your compost pile....

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

Yeah things do happen from time to time. Hopefully this was just a temporary glitch.

Array

I've actually encountered that issue too, but not on this forum exclusively, it only happens when I use FF on my home machine. A variety of forums / blogs I visit don't have the images load immediately, but whenever I hover over them, they'll appear most of the time.

Not sure why it's just here at home through Firefox though...

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

Come to think of it I've seen something similar. I can't remember if the images come back when I hover over them. I think I usually refresh the page once or twice. And it does seem to only be an FF thing.

I'll have to research it and see if there's any info out there. Sounds like it's not just vBulletin forums and it also happens on blogs. Maybe something database related or how FF caches dynamic pages.

Bryan might be happy to know it's not just him.

Refugee from the .com
    Array

Sometimes I question the FF default to automatically update the browser. It's good in the sense that it keeps most users current, but the updates often introduce new bugs. I'm glad when members report issues here because that really does help. If nothing else, the FF developers hopefully troll the forums looking for threads like this.
    Steve Chittenden

Web design, graphic design, professional writing, and marketing.

"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." -- Theodore Roosevelt