Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: For Dave + anyone interested in quality

Array

You win my approbation

Now, what precisely can you do to add quality to your business without necessarily increasing price? What will you have to do to find the quality buyers?

Anybody?
    Last edited by Spider; 01-14-2010 at 11:13 AM.

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

For me it usually means learning more about what I do so I can do it better. I'm always learning how to design better and how to build websites better. I do adjust my price as I do better work since I offer more value in my services, however I think I offer more value than what I ultimately charge for. In that sense the quality is going up more than the price.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals

Array

You are talking generalities, VG - good generalities, but generalities, nonetheless. I want to get everyone to think "specific."

What, specifically, will you do? What is your next step to increase quality? What is your next step to learn something new that will increase your value? What next step will you take to meet or contact people who want a better quality website than you produced last year?

Questions are aimed at everyone.

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

Earlier this week I received a half dozen books on design theory in the mail from Amazon. So at the moment my learning is reading through those books. Once done reading I'll look to apply the things I've learned when it's time to design a new site.

I'm always plugged in to articles and blog posts that relate to the industry. I can't specifically tell you what I'm going to learn reading them since I don't know what they'll be talking specifically about. However when I see some code or an idea presented that I think I may use somewhere down the line, I'll bookmark it or save it in some way for future use.

As far as specifically meeting and contacting people I won't do anything specific. In time I'll redesign my site and have an updated portfolio which I would think would show improved skills. I'll continue to market myself as always.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me

Array

Great! Anyone else?

Check out TED's iphone app too, it's interesting stuff whenever you have a few minutes to kill and provides some interesting conversation topics.

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

I downloaded the TED app awhile ago, though I keep forgetting to watch what's there. TED does have some great videos.

TED is a most awesome, and educational resource.