Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Does Google Have a Picture of your home?

Array

Can someone give me a sample address where I could see a house that is so close up it could potentially show something embarassing? The few addresses I've typed in will only show the top of someone's house. I haven't seen anything with enough detail to make me concerned, but maybe I just haven't found an address that was done in enough detail. For instance, on my parent's house, I can see that there was a car in the driveway. But, I couldn' tell the color or make or anything like that.
    Steve B

Array

Steve, I think you might be looking at the google arial view map. Try street view where the streets are highlighted in blue on the map and it will bring you down to ground leval where you can even do a drive by with the arrows on the street. It is real neat.

Array

Wow. You were right Mak. I looked up an address where I used to live and I can see they changed the colors of the shutters and what kind of car the new owners drive. That's amazing.

It was off two houses by the way. I only knew that because I used to live there. I'd like to use this for business so it can help me find houses, but it won't be any good if it gives me the wrong house.
    Steve B

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

Unfortunately it's not perfect. I've noticed it's usually off by a few houses. On the bright side it can help you know you're in the right neighborhood. I like looking at Street View when I'm driving some place new. The familiarity of seeing the images helps me know I'm at least close to the right place.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals

Takes all the fun out of gettin' lost.

Whatever happened to "seat of the pants"?

We had a state senator in VA 15 or 20 years ago who was against blood tests for alcohol because they "took all the fun out of drinkin' and drivin'."

True!

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

I hope he's no longer a senator.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals

Died last week. But that did cost him the election back around '92.

He was from the Eastern Shore of VA. where the chances of getting run over by a tractor or a chicken bus are greater than getting hit by a car.